08 Feb What Safety Features are Available for My New Honda?
North Miami Beach Honda drivers understand the value of driving a safe vehicle. Many Honda owners chose their vehicle with safety in mind. Honda continues to strive for excellence where safety is concerned, and works to improve technologies that will keep Honda occupants safe in the event of a collision.
Top Safety Features
Some of the top safety features on North Miami Beach Honda models include:
- Multiple airbags – Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags to help protect you in the event of a collision. SmartVent front side airbags and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor are included with some models
- Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines – Three different angles: Normal, top-down and wide
- ACE Body Structure – Enhances occupant protection in frontal collisions by distributing energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle
- Honda Sensing – Honda’s suite of safety tech in select vehicles
Honda Sensing is available for select models. It helps North Miami Beach drivers avoid collisions or stay safer through “sensing” things they might overlook. Honda Sensing includes:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) – A small camera mounted about the top of the front windshield detects vehicles in front of you. Risks of collision cause audio and visual alerts. Failure to act uses the integrated Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) to automatically apply the brakes.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) – A millimeter wave radar sensor helps the CMBS to bring your vehicle to a stop if there is risk of a collision. A warning is first sounded and brakes are automatically applied if no action is taken by the driver.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – An alert will flash and sound to bring attention to the fact of an unindicated lane departure so you can correct drifting from your lane.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – LKAS keeps you in the middle of the lane by adjusting the steering wheel so that the vehicle stays centered.
- Road Departure Mitigation(RDM) – Drifting too close to the side of the road while driving 45 to 90 mph without a turn indicator activated will bring an alert via rapidly vibrating the steering wheel. If the vehicle continues to drift off the roadway, RDM applies steering torque and braking to keep the vehicle in the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control(ACC) – When activated, ACC will adjust your speed to keep the vehicle from the vehicle in front of it without the driver needing to do so manually.
If you are in the North Miami Beach, Florida area and are interested in test driving a Honda, speak with the experienced team at Honda of Aventura today.