28 Dec What is Honda Sensing and Why Should You Want It?
Car technology gets better and better every year. Sometimes it’s better audio systems or the ability to have entertainment at the touch of a finger, but sometimes it’s safety that’s the name of the game. Honda Sensing is the latter, and it makes driving around North Miami Beach safer for everyone on the road.
What is Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing is available for the Accord, Civic, CR-V, and Pilot. It is a suite of technology to help drivers sense things that they might overlook while they are driving. To avoid collisions or stay safer in the event of an accident, Honda Sensing can help.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – An alert will flash and sound to bring attention to the fact of an unindicated lane departure so you can correct drifting from your lane.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – LKAS keeps you in the middle of the lane by adjusting the steering wheel so that the vehicle stays centered.
- Road Departure Mitigation(RDM) – Drifting too close to the side of the road while driving 45 to 90 mph without a turn indicator activated will bring an alert via rapidly vibrating the steering wheel. If the vehicle continues to drift off the roadway, RDM applies steering torque and braking to keep the vehicle in the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control(ACC) – When activated, ACC will adjust your speed to keep the vehicle from the vehicle in front of it without the driver needing to do so manually.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) – A small camera mounted about the top of the front windshield detects vehicles in front of you. Risks of collision cause audio and visual alerts. Failure to act uses the integrated Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) to automatically apply the brakes.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) – A millimeter wave radar sensor helps the CMBS to bring your vehicle to a stop if there is risk of a collision. A warning is first sounded and brakes are automatically applied if no action is taken by the driver.
Why You Should want Honda Sensing?
Traffic in North Miami Beach can be heavy. Not everyone watches the road and accidents happen. Whether you’re fatigued, take your eye off the road, or simply don’t have enough time to react, Honda Sensing is in place to keep you from collisions, leaving the roadway, and inadvertently drifting from your lane. This is a safety feature that is sure to become standard in the future.
If you would like to learn more about Honda Sensing and are in the North Miami Beach, Florida area, visit Honda of Aventura today to speak with our team.