23 Oct How to connect your iPhone to HondaLink Navigation
Ready to connect to HondaLink in your new Honda? Make sure you have these things before you get started.
Things You Will Need
- iPhone 5 or later
- HondaLink iOS cable kit: If you don’t have a cable kit yet, you can buy it directly from Honda of Adventura today.
- HondaLink Apps: easily available from the iTunes Store.
Set Up and Connect Your Phone
- Open the App Store on your iPhone and type ‘HondaLink’ into the search box.
- Download the HondaLink App Launcher, HondaLink Connect, and HondaLink Aha apps. (The HondaLink Navigation app is also available for $59.99.)
- Register through any of the apps or use an existing Honda ID.
- Open Settings on your iPhone, then turn on Bluetooth.
- On the Display Audio screen, select the Settings icon, Bluetooth Device List, then Add Bluetooth Device.
- Using the HondaLink iOS Cable Kit, connect the HDMI and USB cables to the inputs below the Display Audio panel, then to the Lightning AV adapter. Next, connect the adapter to your iPhone.
- Push your Honda’s red engine start/ stop button (or equivalent), touch the CONNECT icon on the Display Audio screen, then select ‘Allow’ on your iPhone when prompted.
- iPhone cannot connect with the Display Audio system while locked. Unlock your iPhone before connecting.
- iPhone may disconnect from Display Audio due to notifications. Stop in a safe location and close the pop-up to reconnect. To minimize interruptions, you can choose to modify your iPhone settings to none or banners.
- iPhone must request permission to connect with Display Audio. To ensure authorized use, you must select ‘Allow’ each time you connect.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact Honda of Adventura. We want to help you get the most out of your Honda vehicle!